Friday 29 November 2013

"Beast of Blankness" at Degree Show

I've been a bit slow on the updating...but I have been creating! Pencilling pages of my comic "Tales of Malice", and also planning another video-game based piece...more info to follow!

For now though, I have realised; all that work I put into the "Beast of Blankness" (my final degree show piece last June) and I never uploaded images of the complete piece/show itself! I uploaded the completed A0 drawing; but that was only a third of the complete piece. The other two thirds involved a structure that I built from scrap material and a video-game where you could explore the world inside the drawing.

"The Beast of Blankness", exclusive to the SuperMegaDemon 5000 Console!

My partner exploring the wasteland...





 


I LOVED that so many people played and interacted with it; I was anxious that people would be too scared to touch a piece in a 'fine art' show. I drew the controls on the screen to make it obvious what to do; I think it helped!

I was also ecstatic that kids wanted to play, too!! I even considered getting a tough wooden crate before the show, but it was incredibly stressful around the time of the show and I didn't locate one in time!


One last thing...




As of two weeks ago, I'm officially a graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment